Holy monkey-meat-with-a-side-of-fries! Good evening guys…yeah, yeah I’m late. Sorry! I had an early morning Doc appointment and a house full ever since. I was gonna let the day slide without posting, then I got a wonderful surprise in my comments.
An uber-talented blogger I truly admire and find inspiring honored me with the Liebster Blog Award!
Before anyone rolls their eyes and clicks past, first let me say one thing…*pause for foggy-brain to catch-up*…I am an amateur blogger, “Old School” style! And by Old School, I'm talking about the original meaning of the word, “Someone who does something for the love of it.”
Yep, there are plenty of folks out there that make some bank off their blogs, but by and large the majority of us do it because we love doing it. So, when one of these awesome individuals honors my amateur work with an award, I end up sitting here for a few moments all speechless and stuff.
OK, feel free to click away now if you’re not into the whole “sharing” thing, but you’ll be missing some GREAT recommendations. (Just sayin’.)
So here it is, me sort-of-kind-of following the rules. (Oh, and because I’m lazy, I’m including a few others I’ve been given, all in one. Bonus!)
Award: Liebster Blog Award
Awarded by: Terri of “Working With What I’ve Got”
Why: The Liebster Blog Award is an award for blogs with fewer than 200 followers. Liebster is German for “beloved” and a blog nominated for this award is “worth watching”.
Rules: There are several different versions of “The Rules” for this one out there. (I’ll follow Terri’s rule. It’s shorter. *grin*) Answer one question, link back to the AWESOME person who nominated you, then nominate five other AMAZING blogs
Question: Paper or plastic? (Bonus question: Why?)
Answer: Paper because they always end up put to good use in artsy-craftsy stuff around the house. Also? My coat closet will no longer hold coats (or anything else, for that matter) due to the fact I NEVER remember to return the stupid plastic ones. My closet runneth over!
Thank you Terri. I have been more inspired by your writing and you courage than you will ever know. You may not realize it, but I read your posts and look at them as setting the bar for quality that I strive for. Thank you for that!
Awards: Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award and Tell Me Something About Yourself Award
Awarded By: Bev at “Black Ink Paperie”
Rules: 1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back
2. Tell everyone seven things about yourself
3. Nominate seven bloggers
Thank you Bev, from the bottom of my heart! Your humor is amazing and I adore your spirit! I consider it an honor to call you friend. (The rest will follow in a giant glump at the bottom. Hey, I said I was kinda following the rules…)
Award: Inspiring Blog Award
Awarded by: Cindy of “Everyday Underwear”
Rules: 1.Tell seven facts about yourself
2. Nominate seven others
Thank you Cindy. I cannot tell you how much your help and words of encouragement have meant to me. I honestly don’t know where you get all your energy from, Lady! You’re going places…(just don’t forget us little people when you get there!)
Answers: Here we go…dirty little secrets you probably don’t know. *drumroll please*
1) (Damn! This is hard…I pretty much already share everything!) I have a filthy habit. I smoke, or more accurately, I chain-smoke. The worse the pain levels, the more I smoke. Filthy habit, very unhealthy, and I do NOT recommend it. But hey, it’s my only remaining vice.
2) I care about the people I interact with on-line. Some would say it's stupid, but here's the thing...I connect with people, talk to them and form friendships, read posts about their families, their happiness, their pain, and I end up caring. Stupid? Maybe, but it’s just who I am. (I offer no apologies. *grin*)
3) I am addicted to foot-rubs. I have seriously been known to pay my offspring to rub them for me. Sick? Twisted? No…it just feels freakin’ AWESOME!
4) I am a F-bomb connoisseur! It is totally my favorite word in the entire universe and I drop it probably every third word. No joke! Just ask my hubby…*guilty giggle* (Drives him up a wall!)
5) We homeschooled all four kids. I’m ever so slightly not well pleased with the urge to conform that seems to be so prevalent around these here parts. I’m beyond PROUD of the four individuals who each march to their own beat and laugh as much as I do!
6) I do not participate in religion or politics. (OK, in private, yes.) If it’s on my Facebook page, I don’t even read it. If it contains the word “God” or any reference to Government, I’ll skim right past it. Why? No, I’m NOT evil, just gotta draw the line at topics that cause such heated, angry, UGLY debates in social settings.
7) (No, this is NOT political, it’s about family, love, and acceptance.) Two of my four offspring are gay. I love the fact that they had the courage to “come out” with the certainty that they would be loved and accepted no matter what. And they are.
There ya go…Now, the other blogs. I’m cheating again and only coming up with four total…They can either consider them one award per, or each accept all four. (Honestly? I’d like to just nominate every flippin’ blog on the Blog-A-Rama page…)
1) Christina at “Stick With It Sugar” She is the mother of three remarkable offspring, two of which live with Type 1 Diabetes. Her posts are full of humor, love, hope, and helping to spread knowledge. (And we ALL know knowledge is power!) She is one amazing woman and one wonderful writer!
2) Kate at “Nested” This chick is hilarious! She’s newlywed, but long-time nuts and I LOVE her work. Every post will do one of two things (if not both); it’ll leave you laughing and/or thinking your family ain’t so bad after all!
3) Lisa at “The Mixed Up Brains Of Lisa Weinstein” At first glance you may think it’s another Mom-blog (and so what if it is? That’s NOT a dirty word. *grin*) but it’s so much more. She’s a wonderfully personable writer with a deep love of family, friends, and community. And that comes through in spades! I shall not lie, I have both laughed hysterically and cried while reading her work.
4) Dawn at “Secret Gardens” Dawn writes like she lives, with humor, fire and LOTS of passion. She’s new to the world of Patient Advocacy and is attacking her work there with the same fire as she does her writing. It’s raw, brutally honest, and full of hysterical stories about her beloved dog and dwarf hamster.
*Honorable Mention since I’m not sure if this one qualifies as a blog or a freakin’ CARNIVAL! Karen at “The Mighty Turtle” This one is special to me, because Karen has lived with Scleroderma for over 20 years and took me under her wing when I was newly diagnosed. (Heck-y, she was on the phone with me this afternoon answering questions!) She advocates for all autoimmune diseases, and faces each day with joy and humor. ( My kinda chick!)
Much love and happiness to all of you guys tonight, and thank you amazing ladies one more time!!!