Good morning! Last night while I was busy kicking myself for failing to post during a challenge where the only rule is you post every day (Oops!) I landed myself right smack in the middle of an identity crisis! How the heck does a woman who prides herself on being a big kid (who’s currently wearing Tinkerbell jammies and fell asleep last night watching cartoons) end up feeling so old!?!
You’re Might Be “Old” Or Just Chronically Illin’ If…
1) …the pharmacy has become your “Cheers.” Yep, I walk in and everybody knows my name. (Is that really supposed to happen at 41?)
2) …you catch yourself following your Grandma’s schedule of going to bed with the chickens and getting up before the Sun. (And you’re NOT a farmer.)
3) …you and your friends talk about drugs, the drugs are all prescriptions and nothing is smokeable.
4) …your kids say, “Mommy’s passed out,” and they mean taking a nap. (That’s because the only bottle they’ve seen you with in recent history is Metamucil!)
5) …you tell friends you can’t go out because you’re all “backed-up” and you’re NOT talking about your work load. (Use your imagination. I’ll just say it goes hand-in-hand with why you had the Metamucil!)
6) …you own more sets of pajamas with matching house shoes than handbags with matching pumps.
7) …you take your make-up out of the medicine cabinet to make room for a “pill shelf.” (OK, just to clarify, I still wear the stuff and look darned good when I do! It’s simply a bit more important to be able to find my meds these days at a moment’s notice than it is the right shade of lipstick.)
8) …your hubby finds your “little black book” and isn’t all “freakin’ out” because all the guys names and numbers? Are Specialists!
9) …your favorite accessories are warm, fuzzy gloves and a comfortable hoodie...and it’s 80-flippin'-degrees outside!
10) …“dressing up” literally translates to “putting on something that doesn’t involve elastic waistbands, soft flannel, and cartoon characters.”
So there you have it. Ten reasons I became confused about my “age”. (I don’t know about you, but I feel MUCH younger now!)
May your day be filled with tons of child-like wonder, laughter, and a care-free heart no matter what your actual age or health status reads!