When I stood up and looked to the Eastern horizon, it was all pinks and blues, the few slips of cloud lingering appeared to be slight arms reaching high and wide to greet the day.
What an amazing way to start a Friday!
And all of it was set against the music whispering through my earbuds. It was darn near surreal in it’s otherworldly beauty. With that in mind, Today’s Top Ten list is gonna be all about music!
OK, that’s kinda a lie. I am so darned mellow right now form the after effects of the sunrise experience (and day 3 of STILL not smoking) that I’m puling a quasi-cop-out. I’m just going to the “Top 25 Most Played” setting in my mp3 player and listing the first 10. (Hey, everyone’s allowed a cop-out once in a while. Besides, you can tell a lot about a person by what they listen too, but that’s a whole other ball of wax.)
1) Jason Mraz “I Won’t Give Up” What can I say, this song is friggin’ A-MAZ-ING!!! It will relax you, make you smile, can be all romantic, or just fill you with hope for humanity. Tell me, what’s not to love!?!
2) fun. (featuring Janell Monae) “We Are Young” Stupid, flippin’ commercials! The chorus got stuck in my head and I was hooked. The lyrics? Yeah, well…it may be a song about a bunch of “kids” getting drunk and the whole “romantic” part is if you get too drunk to walk, I care enough to carry you home. BUT, I still keep listening anyway. (hangs head in shame)
3) fun. “Some Nights” I wrote a whole post about the snare drums in this song and its addictive properties, so I’ll just go with “enough said” and move on…
4) The Black Eyed Peas “Let’s Get Retarded” Hey, I told you yesterday I am NOT PC, so I prefer the original to the re-worked “Let’s Get It Started.” (Feel free to sue me. *grin*)
My only defense is it’s a fun song with a thumping beat you can dance to. When my energy is in the BLAH bracket, this one will kinda put a little boogie back in my bum.
5) MC Chris “Hoodie Ninja” Once again, thank you commercial for planting the seed in my stupid brain!
However, my love of this song partially stems from the fact that I live in hoodies. Imagine my surprise when I heard the whole thing and it centers around the hijinxs of a pubescent boy…(STILL a FUN song!)
6) Antje Duvekot “The Life of a Princess” Oh yeah, you WILL get genera whiplash listening to this list. Your brain may even be in danger of exploding, so proceed with caution!
7) Taylor Swift (featuring The Civil Wars) “Safe & Sound” We’ve obviously reached the severely mellow portion of the top played…
This one and the #6 are for those mornings when I wake up tied in knots. Guaranteed to put you in a borderline meditative state if listened to on repeat.
8) The New Pornographers (Live) “Challengers” This song is an odd addition. I ADORE it without a doubt. But it also tends to fill me with an certain melancholy. (Honestly, I was surprised to find it on this list. Who knew I‘d spent so much time all melancholy and shiz-nit!)
9) Dan Kaplan “Around the Bend” (WOW! I must have spent some serious time all audio-Thorazined out!) Absolutely GEORGOUS song!
10) Antje Duvekot “Merry-Go-Round” Awesome song to end with! This is such an up-lifting, beautiful song about the fact that life is unpredictable with inherent ups and downs, but that’s the way it’s supposed to be. And it’s still a beautiful ride!
|I do NOT have a problem! As long sa I |
have hard drive space, there IS no problem!