A few days ago, a wonderful woman and amazing writer named Meleah from “Momma Mia, Mea Culpa” tagged me in a blog-hop thingy called “My Next Big Thing.”
I’m supposed to answer 10 questions about my current writing project. This means I have to actually act like I HAVE a current writing project! *gulp* (And just for the record, I’m only doing this for all of you guys who have asked me when I was gonna write a book…or share the one I wrote for NaNoWriMo. So, here goes nothing’!)
2) Where did the idea come from for the book or project? My life has always felt like one hilarious disaster after another. (I’m gifted like that.) So, I figured I might as well write about it.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your manuscript or project?
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? PFFT! I don’t have the stick-to-it-ness to self-publish. Talk about lack of discipline and drive…so, I’m thinking’ that unless I get a miraculous e-mail from someone offering me a contract, it’ll never see the light of day. (Sorry guys! Just being honest.)
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? 30 days. I started November 1st and finished on the 30th (per the challenge.) And honestly? I haven’t worked on it since. I’m thinking I need a “cooling off” period before I jump back on it. Besides, any time I spend on it takes time away from all my million other projects that don’t make me delve into my crazy-arse past. *grin*
8) What other book or stories would you compare this story to with the genre? I could be all, “Yeah, it’s THAT damn good and THAT damn funny!” and say “Let’s Pretend This Never Happened” by Jenny Lawson or on the “darker” side oh honesty “Madness” by Maya Hornbacher. Or, (in my dreams) “The Idiot Girls’ Action-Adventure Club” by Lori Notaro, only with kids.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book or story? The awesome people who read my blog. There have been several comments asking me when I was gonna write a book. Then I saw a post on Facebook by Meleah (See? This is all your fault!) about the NaNoWriMo Challenge and decided to go for it! I know myself well enough to know I’ve gotta have something to push me if I’m ever going to do something that “big” so…the rest is history. *grin*
10) What else about the book or story might pique the reader’s interest? For those who know me through my current writing, probably the fact that I have NOT always been nice (or even tried to be) would make them curious enough to read it.
If anyone else out there is working on a book, PLEASE give yourself a shout-out in the comments so you can get “tagged” next time!